Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oliver's Treasure Chest

After my dad did laundry, Oliver spotted a few dollar coins that had fallen out of a pocket. He wanted to know what they were. My dad told him he could have them, and they could be like treasure. Oliver was so excited to have this coins. So, I decided he needed a treasure chest to put them in!

I used an empty dryer sheet box and wrapped it in brown paper.


I wrapped the box like a present, except I cut around the lid opening before wrapping so the lid would open & close.


Ta da! There's Oliver's treasure. He also added a quarter to it later, so he has "silver" and "gold!"


Here's a little clip of him enjoying the treasure chest:
                      

He also likes it when I hide the treasure chest. He counts to 15 and then goes and finds it!