Monday, July 15, 2013

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 93: Cardboard Boxes

Today's activity is a classic! Colleen, my mother-in-law whom we're staying with for a few months, took a couple of cardboard boxes and taped them together to create a tunnel for the kids. At first, they were a little skeptical, but it didn't take long for them to get really into it. I loved that they were playing together!



I took a video of all the fun they had playing with this box tunnel. Warning: it's about two minutes of the kids squealing! They really enjoyed themselves.
                                           

We were fortunate enough to have these boxes around (thanks to Colleen!), but you can usually buy large boxes from a place like U-Haul or a storage center for about $2 a piece. I think this is a great activity to keep in mind for a rainy day or for when winter rolls around. It was a hit with both of my kids, which means it's not just a toddler activity! I give this activity an A.

No comments: