Thursday, March 22, 2012

He's Sick, She's Sick, We're All Sick

We've had almost no break in illnesses in our household for three months now. I've had two bouts of severe mastitis as well as the stomach flu. Andrew had a bout of H. pylori and a medical procedure that called for three days of strict bed rest. Oliver had a nasty cold and a day of the stomach flu. Jo even caught a cold last month! I don't deal well with being sick or caring for people who are sick, so I've just been chugging through, waiting for all of these viruses and infections to end.

Yesterday, Oliver's eye started to swell shut. It was so swollen, the inner tissues of the eyelid actually swelled up and covered the white of his eye. I rushed him to urgent care. After checking for trauma and scratches, they determined it was an infection. We later found out it was caused by a sinus infection.

Here's my brave little man. I took this photo after the swelling began to go down.

He really was brave for the doctors. He was stoic through all the drops and pulling and prodding of his eye. He even entertained Jo in the examination room, and he didn't cry once. He absolutely amazed me.

Oliver is my current role model. I'm trying to be as tough as he is, but I'm really, really hoping this is the last illness I have to deal with for a while.

I normally just clean the house with natural products like lemon juice, vinegar, and baking soda, but I'm going to go crazy today with strong antibacterial cleansers. I just want this sick phase to be
over.

No comments: