Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 16: Miniature Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes

I saw a pin on Pinterest for miniature chocolate chip cheesecakes, so how could I not repin it? Here's my pin:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066116245/

I knew these would be delicious as long as the recipe worked, so I was eager to give it a go. I didn't have cupcake liners on hand, so I used my silicone cupcake cry and greased it with Crisco. The rest of the recipe, I followed exactly. Here's my best helper assisting me in the kitchen:

When I poured the cheesecake batter into the cupcake tin, I kept it mouded slightly in the middle because I'd noticed in the original pin that the cheesecakes had caved a touch. When I pulled the miniature cheesecakes out of the oven, they looked beautiful (no caving!):

After 15 minutes, I ran a knife along the edges and tipped the cheesecakes out to set on a wire rack.

Disaster! The crust didn't hold. I skipped the wire rack and transferred them as gently as I could to a container. I was able to keep some of the crusts intact, but once we bit into them, the crust crumbled away entirely.

These tasted just like classic cheesecake, and I love their miniature, individual serving sizes because they keep me from over-indulging. I intend to make these again some time, but I will increase the butter in the crust from 2.5 tablespoons to 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) to try to get the crust to stick together properly. I should note that I live in a very dry climate, and many recipes need more wet ingredients to turn out properly here. So, it's possible the recipe is spot on for people living elsewhere, but here in Colorado, the crust recipe failed. I still consider these a success, though. Yum!

No comments: