Thursday, February 9, 2012

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 66: Ziploc Painting (Pinterest Challenge Day 9)

Today's post is day 9 of my Pinterest Challenge, and it's also attempt 66 in ways to entertain my toddler.

The activity is an easy one (pin here: http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066036854/). You know me, I love easy activities. The simpler, the better. All I had to do was take a ziploc bag, which I had, and squeeze some paint into it, which I also had. Then, I taped it to the window. That's it!

I wish Oliver liked the activity, and I wish I could give it a good activity grade because of its simplicity. Alas, I cannot. Oliver walked up to it, ran his fingers through it for about thirty seconds, and then left.

If you have the supplies at home, it might be worth checking out this activity to see if your child is more interested in it at mine. Based on my experience, though, I do not recommend running out and buying bags and tape to try it.

I give the activity props for being easy to set up and so easy to clean, but because my son was absolutely uninterested in doing anything with the baggy full of paint, I give this activity a D-.

2 comments:

Michelle Murano said...

Hi there! First of all, I love love love your blog... I came across it on Pinterest last night and couldn't stop reading!

I'm a preschool teacher, and we have done this activity using cafeteria trays and big freezer bags taped to the trays. These last for a long time and tend to keep the kids interested when we bring them out every few weeks or so.

Thanks again for sharing all of these wonderful ideas!

keri said...

I agree, my young toddler (almost 2) played with it for about a min. if that and then he wasn't interested. I tried playing with it to see if he'd come back to it, it worked for a few seconds, but as soon as I stopped playing, so did he.