Tuesday, August 9, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 30: Chair Maze

I decided to choose another activity from The Toddler's Busy Book. It's called, "Chair Maze." All you need to do is arrange some chairs in a room and let your toddler enjoy crawling under and through all the chairs.

Oliver's in a new climbing phase, and so he preferred climbing on the chairs. I tried to entice him to walk under by creating a tunnel with a blanket draped over the chairs.

Eventually, it worked. For a few minutes, he enjoyed walking under the blanket, but he never crawled under the chairs. The activity still provided entertainment for him, but only for about five minutes or so.




I don't think this activity was a waste of time, but it wasn't anything that Oliver couldn't do on his own. These days, he enjoys pushing chairs around and climbing on top of them. Having me slide the chairs into the living room was new to him, but I don't think it was new enough to capture his attention for long. As I get close to my third trimester, even hauling chairs around can be exhausting, so I don't think this is an activity I'll go back to. I give "Chair Maze" a C.

No comments: