Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Kick? Nah...

Let me start out by saying that I'm 12 weeks pregnant as of today. At my ultrasound appointment on Wednesday, they claimed I was 12 weeks and 3 days. So, it's possible I'm 12 weeks and 5 days along.

That's beside the point.

When I was pregnant with Oliver, I didn't feel him kick until well after 20 weeks. I heard it takes a lot longer to feel it with the first because you don't know what it feels like.

Well, on Wednesday, I held Oliver on my left hip. I was talking to him, and it felt like someone took their finger and poked me on the right side of my stomach. I was so surprised, I jumped! I immediately called Andrew and told him, but I insisted it had to be a weird muscle spasm or something since it's so early in the pregnancy.

I left it at that until an hour ago when I had the same sensation. I felt a little poke on the front area of my stomach, but to the right again. What the heck?! I knew I definitely felt something, but I didn't think it could possibly be the little one. I looked it up online and read that the earliest you can possibly feel movements is at twelve weeks. I'm dumb founded.

I still hesitate to say, "I felt him/her move!" I think the third time will be the charm.

No comments: