Friday, February 4, 2011

Troubles in the Land of Potty

Oliver went nearly a week without his potty when we went to Saint Thomas. When we got back, he got really mad when I set him on it. I really don't want him to hate the potty, so I didn't force him onto it.

It was a few days later when he asked to sit on the throne. I took off his diaper, and it was warm & wet. I knew he didn't have to go, but I sat him on there and told him what a good boy he was for sitting on the potty.

About once a day for these last two weeks, he's asked to sit on the potty (but he doesn't want to sit on it unless he asks). Every time, his diaper is warm & wet when I take it off. Two days ago, we had very cold weather. Our furnace couldn't keep up, and our house was in the high 50s/low 60s. When Oliver asked to go on the potty, I sat him on there while keeping him in his diaper and fleece jammies. My husband commented, "He's going to be so confused." I don't think that it's actually affected him, but time will tell. On the positive side, I think he is associating his pee with the potty. On the negative side, he's asking to go after he pees and so hasn't actually gone on the potty since before our vacation.

I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed. For now, I'm just letting him know that he's a good boy for sitting on the potty. I'll put him on there every time he asks. Next week, I think I'll try busting out the treats again to motivate him to sit on the pot after his nap. Oh, and I also cashed in my Pampers points today to get him a potty seat that attaches to the toilet. I don't think he'll use that for a while, but it'll be nice to have!

No comments: