Monday, October 11, 2010

Snow Suit Tip

For the past few weeks, I've been on the look out for a snow suit for Oliver. I'm looking forward to pulling him around in a kid's sled (which I have yet to purchase, ha!) and showing him how to make snowballs, so I needed to find one that would keep him warm for those outdoor activities. At first, I looked on Craig's List in the Denver area. The cheapest one I found was just for snow pants, and they were listed at $40. That's ridiculous! Online at Kohl's, there were snow pants and a coat for $40, so I wasn't about to drive out to someone's home to buy just pants for the same price as the outfit.

Anyway, last week, we got a coupon in the mail to take 20% off at REI (use code FALL20 if you're an REI member). I found a really cute, full-sized snow suit there for $39.50 (full price). I saved nearly $8 off of that with my coupon and got free shipping to the store by my house. I can pick it up next week!

I was proud of this deal, as I thought I was going to end up paying $50 to get him properly attired for the outdoors this winter. So, if you're in the same boat as me, I recommend checking out their site.

Here's the one I bought:
http://www.rei.com/product/801963

No comments: