Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Getting Ollie Used to Napping

Getting Oliver used to napping is no easy feat. Even on days he's not having it, I try to get him at least in the routine of napping by laying him down at roughly the same time every day. I'll nurse him until he sleeps, and then slip away. Often, he'll wake up five minutes later, crying. I'll come back and try one more time. If that fails, I'll let him sleep in my arms.

Today, he seems to be sleeping really well. I gave him a bath first! I can't give him a bath every day, but I think I'll give him a bath at the same time (every third day). Hopefully, he'll get used to sleeping around 1pm or 2pm every day.

We're slowly making progress at the nap thing, and it's helping me out a lot. Since I slipped away from him 15 minutes ago, I was able to quickly fold the laundry, unload the dishwasher, and now take a little break to blog and drink the coffee I brewed at 10am.

It's baby steps, but I think we're headed in the right direction!

Update: Ollie woke up 10 minutes later. I tried to nurse him back to sleep without success. I finally let him sleep in my arms, where he slept for an hour and a half! Now if only he could learn to do that in his crib or on my bed...

No comments: